IV Sedation – Henderson, NV
Overcome Dental Anxiety for Necessary Treatment
IV sedation in Henderson involves the injection of medications into a vein of the arm to establish a "twilight" effect. In some cases, a state of "ultra-light" general anesthesia may be accomplished. Under this sedation, the patient will experience no pain or anxiety and will be disassociated from the surgery yet is responsive and technically conscious. For the sake of your smile, it’s important to overcome dental anxiety for necessary treatment, and IV sedation can enable you to do that. Contact our dental team to learn more!
Why Choose Dental Excellence For IV Sedation?
- Experienced Dentist Certified To Administer IV Sedation
- Remain Conscious Without Memory Of Procedure
- Our Dental Team Carefully Monitors You Throughout
What Is IV Sedation?
IV sedation, also known as intravenous sedation, is the practice of injecting medications directly into the bloodstream. This method ensures that the effects of the sedation kick in as quickly as possible. IV sedation is sometimes called “twilight sedation” because even though patients remain conscious, they may not remember anything after their procedure. They might feel as though they are unconscious.
IV sedation is quite powerful, more so than nitrous oxide or oral conscious sedation. We carefully monitor patients while they are under the influence of IV sedation so we can ensure their safety. It may take up to 24 hours for the effects of IV sedation to completely wear off, so patients should have a friend or family member available to drive them home from their appointment.
Who Is a Good Candidate for IV Sedation?
As your sedation dentist in Henderson, we will determine which type of sedation is best for you. IV sedation might fit your circumstances if:
- You suffer from severe dental anxiety or dental phobia, so much so that you wish to feel like you are unconscious during treatment.
- You have a severe gag reflex that makes it difficult to get through dental treatments.
- Your body is highly resistant to numbing agents.
- You do not have any allergies or other medical conditions that could be considered a contraindication for IV sedation.
- You must undergo multiple or extensive procedures in a single appointment.
The Benefits of IV Sedation
Some of the top benefits of IV sedation include:
- It induces a deep state of relaxation that can help even the most anxious patients feel at ease. Therefore, it may help to change the way they view dental treatments while at the same time helping them achieve improved oral health.
- The level of sedation can be adjusted throughout the procedure, ensuring that it will not begin to wear off before the proper time.
- The effects take place quickly due to the way the sedation medication is administered.
- IV sedation is generally safe when it is properly administered and patients are appropriately monitored.